(banner by crookedsmile)

Summary

SUMMARY: When Edward Cullen scores an entry level internship as a writer for his distant Uncle's TV Station immediately following College, his life takes some crazy turns as he makes new friends and finds love. AH, BxE Rated L for Lemons, Laughing and Language. WARNING: For Immature Audiences Only

*originally posted to fanfiction.net 04.16.2010*

(I do not own these characters this is simply a work of fanfiction)

Chapter 14. Coming Out of the Closet

William Blake graced us with his infinite knowledge when he said, "A
truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent." Just
sayin'.
 
The Big Fat Liar's POV


Have you ever noticed, that when a guy gets all possessive, he's considered a
controlling, maybe even a domineering asshole, but when a woman gets
possessive, you just pretty much do what she says and don't ask questions?
Because seriously.
What's up with that?
When I asked if I could borrow Em, I didn't expect it to be a big deal but I
clearly did not realize the intensity in which Rose wanted to get laid that
night...because geeze oh flip…the look she gave Emmett was scary, to put it
lightly.
To put it heavily, I was afraid to open my mouth again.
Except to possibly say, "Never mind."
Then she eyed me and I found my voice, luckily, assuring her, "It's only for a
little while, Rose, I promise…he'll be back before ya know it."
I smiled innocently as curious eyeballs were watching me from the sidelines.
Alice and Jasper, in other words.
Rose cocked an eyebrow and was silent for a minute as I anxiously awaited a
decision and inconspicuously peeked downward with my eyes only to check
my watch for the time.
Annnnyday, now.
Her head finally, slowly turned to Em and she warned him in a low yet, very
eerie voice that sounded a little like the Crypt Keeper to be honest, "If you're
not back before we start the movie, I'm going to hunt you down, drag you back
here and then I'm going home and you get no nookie tonight."
Emmett smirked a little but Rose added, "Got it?"
He leaned over and kissed her on the cheek in reply and got up, grabbed his
coat, following me out without so much as a question as to what exactly the
hell I needed him for.
Again. My name is Edward Cullen, and I am a lying piece of shit.
A large, foul smelling, flaming piece of shit.
Anyway, once we got to Bella's, I crouched behind some cars that were
parked across the street and Emmett followed suit.
I checked my watch again as we waited.
And waited…and waited…and fucking waited.
"Come...on..." I whispered to the building.
Goddamn it.
I didn't know if they'd already left, or were up there, in her room maybe…
Making up.
I dry heaved just thinking about that fuckery and Emmett asked me, "Dude,
you okay?"
Fuck.
Finally, he must have been sitting there wondering if I was some kind of crazy
psycho serial killer or something, because he finally asked me, "Sooooo…why
are we stalking Bella's apartment building?"
Just tell him, Edward.
"I need to get something."
"So, why don't you just go in there and ask her for it?"
Tell. Him…Dummy.
"Cause you know, James…if he sees me anywhere near her…" I said without
taking my eyes off of her building.
"Oh, yeah…so then…what am I doing here?"
Just fucking tell him for Christ's sake!
"I need you to distract Felix for me while I slip passed him."
You're such an idiot.
This is the part where Emmett's face turned into this Stonehenge of a look and
he tilted his head forward and looked up at me in a very Gary Coleman kinda
way and asked, "Whatchutalkin'boutWillis?"
I turned to him, and when I reached into my gut, feeling the churning inside of
it like I was gonna lose my chinese leftovers any minute, I knew...I really
needed to tell him.
I mean, he'd befriended me, me a place to stay, got me a job...okay that part I
should probably kick his ass for.
But still.
So, I told him.
I mean…I started to.
I meant to.
Honest.
I mean, it wasn't THAT big of a deal, right?
So what if I'm Carlisle Cullen's nephew...it's not like I was an executive
producer or anything...I was goddamn intern for Christ's sake.
"Em, I…"
But that's when Bella walked out of her building…with James.
She was stunning, to say the least…and was wearing this…low cut, silvery,
shiny something or other dress with matching heels and even though I
wondered, as I do many times when I see women wearing heels that
high, why she was bothering to wear them…I was also rendered quite
speechless for a minute.
Emmett put a hand on my shoulder and gave in before I could.
"Listen, just…do what you gotta do, Edward, but tomorrow, we're discussing
this."
Last chance, nimrod.
"Deal."
I watched Bella intently as the two of them stood there waiting for James's
limo to come around and I have to say, she didn't exactly look like she had
made up with him, but hell, who was I to know for sure. She could have just
looked that way because James had already told her about me, and she was
just really really pissed off and anxious to give me a nice kick to the ball sack.
My hand went to my balls just thinking about it.
I mean, ouch.
I couldn't help but notice that Bella had turned around to go back into her
building at one point, it looked like, but then James took her by the arm and
said something that made her stop and go with him anyway.
Not to say I was glad she was going with him, but shit, if it meant I could get
up to her apartment and get whatever piece of evidence out of there so I'd
have the opportunity to tell her about my identity, myself…tomorrow, then
count me in.
My identity? Who am I? Batman? Clark Kent, maybe?
And why didn't James just tell her, anyway? Why leave a news paper article
laying around for her to find?
I just didn't get it.
Who did he think he was anyway, double oh seven? Because, um…I have
news for him…Not even close.
Maybe he doesn't want to seem like the rat.
It was a possibility…
But it wasn't the time to look a gift monkey in the mouth. Or…something like
that.
Once they were gone, my only problem was getting in there and Emmett was
the resolution to that problem.
"Shit," I said more to myself than anyone, but Emmett heard me, obviously
and asked what the problem was.
"I have no idea how I'm gonna get into her apartment once I get up there."
He thought about it for a minute.
"The doormen usually have copies, right? I mean, in case anything happens
and they need to let someone in?"
"I don't know, but even if he does, how in the hell are we gonna get Felix's
keys off of him?"
Emmett smiled. "Shoulda brought Rose."
"Why's that?" a female voice sounded in whisper from behind us, and we
froze, crouching there, staring across the street at Bella's building.
I don't know about Em, but I swallowed.
Verbally.
We both turned and looked at each other as Rose giggled and Emmett asked
her, "Babe, what are you…?"
"We started the movie fifteen minutes ago and I told you I was going to hunt
you down." She raised an eyebrow.
"But how did you…?
She held her iPhone up. "I found an app on Edward's cool new laptop that
tells me where any phone number I type in is located." She showed us how it
worked and Emmett's lips curled down as he nodded.
"Nice."
"So what is it that you wish you'd brought me for?"
We turned back to the building. "See the big doorman guy over there?"
"Yeah, that's the same guy from the other night right? When we picked Bella
up?"
"Yeah," I told her. "We need his key ring."
"Do I want to know why?"
"Edward's gonna explain everything tomorrow," Emmett told her, with a little
too much sarcasm, if you ask me.
She stood up and simply said, "Okay."
And again, I was sitting there astonished that these people were willing to do
shit for me that even I wouldn't have done for me if I were them.
If that makes sense.
In roughly sixty seconds, Rose was back with the keys and Emmett and I just
stared at each other with looks on our faces resembling what you might
imagine looking like if you suddenly realized a pick pocket was living with
you...then we snapped out of it and headed across the street for part two of
the plan.
"Wish me luck," I said and Emmett responded with, "You're gonnna need
more than that if you get caught inside of Isabella Swan's apartment, dude."
No shit.
While Emmett struck up a conversation with Felix like he was just walking by
and recognized him from the other night, I tip toed through the tulips…errr,
doorway and flew onto the elevator.
Some dude tried to run for the elevator before the doors closed, but I pushed
the little "close doors" button over and over and they shut on him before he
had a chance to hop on.
Hey, I don't know that guy, he could be a criminal or something for all I knew.
When I arrived at Bella's floor, which was…the fucking top floor by the way.
Great views.
Anyway, when I got there, I snuck down hallways, slinked around corners,
peeking to make sure no one else was around as I did.
I was friggin' crouching tiger, hidden dragon of the ci-tay.
And hell if I didn't have the greatest feeling of how the cards completely
stacked in my favor finally.
It was like cleaning up in Vegas for crying out loud.
I was on cloud nine.
Until I got into Bella's apartment and there was no newspaper.
I mean like, nothing...No notes, no pictures, no hints about where it might
be...nothing.
Just Bella's apartment.
Which was…extremely comfortable and very Bella like, if I do say so myself.
"Where is it?" I looked everywhere.
"Did he hide it? Why would he hide it?"
I was in Bella's bedroom when I heard my phone buzz. I checked it and it was
a text from Emmett.
The chicken is in the coop!
My eyebrows met.
Because, really…What?
I texted back.
WTF?
He replied.
BELLA'S HOME! GET OUT!
"Fuck," I breathed out and panicked because I still hadn't found the damn
newspaper, but it was too late.
The door to her apartment jiggled at the lock and I spun around, looking at the
bedroom door like she'd walk through it at any moment.
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fucking…SHIT," I whisper yelled.
My head darted, looking for somewhere, anywhere to hide…and the only
place that made sense was…
The closet.
I mean it wasn't like I was gonna fit under the bed…and the shower was
just…way too "Psycho" for me.
I heard muffled voices and thought, shit, was James there with her? She
actually invited that scum bag in?
I mean 'cause seriously, folks…
SHIT!
I backed into Bella's wardrobe and pushed myself up against the inner most
wall, closing the door silently and was hit with a wave of strawberries…her
fucking clothes smelled like goddamn strawberries.
God it smelled so good.
I put my head down.
What was it? Like, body spray or something? Strawberry smelling Febreze?
Help me.
I just needed to stay calm…I texted Emmett.
What do I do? I'm trapped!
He texted back.
We're on our way up, hang in there.
Bella's voice was louder and I could only guess that she was headed my way.
"James," Bella was saying. "I'm going to bed."
Fuuuuuuuuu-huh-huck…they were coming to BED? Now I get to listen to
them having make up sex?
SHIT!
I whispered a prayer. "Please god, please please please please, let him have
a small dick."
I pulled some of Bella's clothes around me as I heard her voice becoming
closer and closer.
"No," she said and I wished there had been some kind of a crack I could peek
through to see if she was turning his advances down, 'cause that would be a
priceless video to load up onto YouTube, if ya ask me.
Her hand was on the door handle next and I literally closed my eyes because
the next thing that would be happening, would be me, getting hauled off to jail
for breaking and entering, or…stalking…or, something and then bye bye
career, and bye bye to any chance I might have had with this woman.
But then…
There was a chime of a door bell just as I thought I heard Bella say something
else, but I couldn't make it out, I was just grateful Emmett and Rose were still
around and were about to distract her so I could high tail it.
I had no idea if maybe she'd already read the damn newspaper, or maybe
James was just dicking me around, or…what.
When I heard Bella out in the other room again, I peeked out through the
crack in the door and noticed…no James.
Sweet.
Step one of my new plan was, to get out of the closet.
No comments from the Peanut Gallery…You know what I mean.
Step two…
I tip toed to the bedroom door and saw Bella opening her apartment's entry
door with her phone to her ear.
She's got him on the phone…cool, no makeup sex for asshole producer
tonight.
"Yeah, James, gotta go, no…I have company…none of your
business…goodbye."
She slapped the phone shut and smiled at Emmett, but seemed confused.
"Hey, guys…what are you…?"
"Hey Bells!" he boomed and kinda bolstered his way into the apartment with
Rose. "Rose here made me bring her by, said she wanted to make sure you
were okay or something like that."
As they walked in and Bella turned to make room for them, I slammed myself
again the hallway wall and hoped and prayed that it was too dark for her to
see my figure standing there because if not…I was dead meat.
And then some.
Emmett was covertly leading her into the kitchen area with her back to me so I
could sneak by and I mentally bumped fists with him for thinking on his feet
like that.
I sprinted quietly down the hallway against the wall and was JUST getting to
the entryway when Bella turned around, hearing me trip over the freaking door
mat that I hadn't seen.
I perked up fast, spun myself around and stood tall like I'd just walked in from
the outer hallway and not the one that leads to her boudoir.
"Edward," was all she said flatly.
And boy, she did not look happy to see me.
"Uh…hey, Bella."
"I didn't see you there."
"No I…" I curled my thumb over my shoulder. "Um…took the stairs…" I
pretended to breathe heavy. "…was racing Em…"
Emmett laughed. "Yeah, dumb ass thinks he's faster than an elevator that
doesn't have any floors to stop at."
"You…ran…up thirty flights of stairs?" she asked me, crinkling her eyebrows
and letting her mouth fall open just a tad.
Uh…
"Yep…" I laughed breathlessly and she gave me a look like she didn't exactly
believe me, but then just said, "Oh…kay…well…" she looked back to Rose.
"I'm really fine, Rose, thanks a lot for thinking of me, but…"
"Yeah, I know, it was really rude to come by unannounced like that…we'll
just…" she started and Emmett ended for her. "Go."
He was scooting us all back out the door when Bella stopped me.
"Actually, I have something I need to say to you, if you don't mind, Edward."
She eyed Emmett, giving him a hint to leave and Rose tugged on his arm.
"Uh, sure, Edward, we'll…see you…later."
I wanted to grab him like a baby grabs a teddy bear and scream "Don't leave
me!" but instead, I just nodded nervously and said, "Sure thing."
When I turned back to Bella, I shoved my hands into my pockets and tried to
remember, whatever she said, I deserved and I would take it like a man, and
then grovel at her feet until she forgave me for being such an asshole lying
son-of-a-bitch.
The look on her face was completely un-readable.
Shit.
She knew, she had to know.
Why else would she want to talk to me?
Yeah, she definitely knew.
And I was completely and irreversibly screwed.
Yay.
"Bella, I…"
"Edward, I…"
We spoke at the same time and I figured it would be more gentlemanly to let
her go first, considering I was the big fat liar and all.
"Go ahead," I told her.
"Do you want to sit down?" she asked and even though there was a twinge of
confusion inside of me, wondering why she'd bother having me sit when all
she was gonna do was throw me out anyway, I did it.
Once we were sitting, Bella turned to me and started with what she had to
say.
"I'm sure you've been wondering why I've been kind of MIA this week."
"It mighta crossed my mind, it's been kinda busy for all of us though, so, you
know…"
I only obsessed over you day and night for seven nights in a row wondering
why you weren't talking to me as I stroked my Johnson…but hey, who's
keeping score?
She swallowed and twisted her mouth and said, "I was taking some advice
from my publicist…who's…also a good friend of mine…and…"
Ah, here we go, don't date the writer dude, he'll be bad for business speech.
"Hey," I said. "I get it, Bella." I got up to leave and then heard something that
didn't quite register immediately.
"I broke things off with James, Edward."
Did she just say…
"You what?"
"I told him last week actually," she said, looking up at me with those big brown
eyes like she didn't know what to expect in response to her explanation.
"…but he's not very good at taking no for an answer, so when he asked if we
could talk tonight, I went…and I made it very clear, I'm not seeing him
anymore."
That wasn't much of what I was expecting.
At all.
"And why would you do that?" I asked, making my way back to the couch,
hoping...praying to the ghosts of Humphrey Bogart and Elvis Presley it was
why I hoped.
I felt like an idiot…I mean, I knew what I wanted her to say, but hell, maybe
she was just explaining this shit to me so I'd understand why she wasn't going
to be seeing ANYbody.
She shrugged a little shrug and her nose did that thing…
That thing that makes my dick ache every goddamn time she does it.
"Bella?"
"I don't know how to say this without sounding..."
She looked down and I had to assume, again, that she was just trying to cut
ties as politely as possible, so I just decided to make it easy for her. She
wasn't a bad person, she just...clearly didn't know who she was or what the
fuck she wanted at this point in her life.
And hell, why should she? When someone like James creepy smiles Halloway
was busy telling what it was she wanted for so long.
She probably just forgot.
"Bella, it's okay, I'm just gonna go, okay?" I asked her and she was biting her
lips so hard I thought she was gonna draw blood.
I got up to go again, but she grabbed my hand and I stopped, looking down at
her. She met my eyes and my stomach literally dropped at what I saw in them.
Serious up.
Unadulterated.
X-rated.
Lust.
Lordy. Mighty.
"I don't...want you...to go, Edward," she practically whispered it. If I hadn't
been listening so intently, I probably wouldn't have heard her.
I swallowed.
"You don't."
"No."
She stood up and started slowly unbuttoning my shirt for me.
"What um...do you want, then, Bella?"
She looked me in the eyes and raised a single eyebrow before she said with
perfect quandariless clarity, "You."
Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment